Addon: GuildRoster to HTML (backup notes)
I wrote this addon for Vanilla WoW in order to make quick and simple backups of our guild roster and guild bank items. It creates a simple HTML table listing all players in the guild along with rank, notes and officer notes.
It can also create a list of all items on your character and in the bank if you have the bank open. Useful for backing up your guild bank inventory.
It does this by generating a one line html page that you can copy and paste into a text editor. Might require WoWAce library to be enabled to work, I forgot. It’s included in most other addons though.
Instructions to backup guild roster and create a list
- Type /gr or /guildroster with the addon installed to get a text dialog box with an OK button.
- Press CONTROL+C in order to copy the text.
- Open any basic plain text editor like notepad, notepad2 or notepad++ and paste the text in that.
- Save the file as anything.html
- Open the file in any web browser of choice.
This is a basic example of what the table looks like:
Instructions to backup guild bank items and create a list
- Repeat the same steps as before
- Instead type /gb or /guildbank or /itemlist to get a box with text to copy and paste.
The results Looks like this:
Added /guildbank command to list all items on the character and bank. /gb and /itemlist works the same