I noticed that the voice packs included in Baldur’s Gate Enhanced edition (BG1EE) wasn’t included in Baldur’s Gate II Enhanced edition (BG2EE) for some reason.
Here is how to fix it:
Alternative A – Renamed files
- Download this zip file with the voice files already renamed.
- Extract it into your install directory BG2EE\lang\en_US\sounds
- Start the game!
Alternative B – Manually rename and copy files
- Make a temporary folder anywhere. For example on your desktop named “work”
- Go into your install directory BG1EE\lang\en_US\sounds
- Copy the files beginning with the following names to your work folder:
- Rename the files as follows; (if you copy them directly you will get conflicts)
Naming syntax explanation
• Here you will notices files named with the syntax FemaleXY.wav and MaleXY.wav
• The filenames can’t exceed 8 characters. 12345678.wav is OK. 123456789.wav is NOT.
• The AnyX is just a name identifier and can be anything.
• The Y represents the type of situation the sound will be played. The situations for Y are listed alphabetically a to m.
- Rename the red characters Female4 to BGEFem1Y.wav (keep the blue character)
- Rename the red characters Female5 to BGEFem2Y.wav (keep the blue character)
- Rename the red characters Female6 to BGEFem3Y.wav (keep the blue character)
- Rename the red characters Male4 to BGEMal1Y.wav (keep the blue character)
- Rename the red characters Male5 to BGEMal2Y.wav (keep the blue character)
- Rename the red characters Male6 to BGEMal3Y.wav (keep the blue character)
- Copy all the files from your work folder to your install directory BG2EE\lang\en_US\sounds
- Now when you start the game you should have the new voice sets in the voice list!