TerrainControl Skylands preset/config for Minecraft CraftBukkitPosted: 04/05/2012
- Small floating islands with occasional hill biomes that can reach up to 255 block height.
- Uses all vanilla biomes.
- No fancy custom BO2 objects, you will have to work with that yourself.
- Ore is spread across the whole map, spawn rates have been increased (since ore normally only spawns close to bedrock)
- Strongholds might have trouble being created on some seeds, look for errors in the server log. If it is displayed errors 3 times that means placement failed and there will be no strongholds on the map. Seed “0” should be fine. Try another seed if you want one.
- No blocks are created below 64 height (horizon will never appear black unless you build downward)
- Abandoned rail is disabled since this would spawn in the air and look really weird.
- CraftBukkit V1.2.5 (or later)
- TerrainControl mod
- Multiverse multi-words mod (only Core is required but I recommend all packages)
- Start the server once to create the required subfolders. Follow the instructions here.
- Locate the plugins folder in the CraftBukkit folder and put the mods there
(TerrainControl.jar and Multiverse-Core.jar)
- Restart the server to create the required plugin subfolders.
- Extract the Skylands-preset configuration (download below) to your folder:
- Restart the CraftBukkit server if it is already running.
(This is important, or else no trees will be generated!)
- Start Minecraft and type the following:
/mv create world_floating normal -s 0 -g TerrainControl
(You can try different seeds, for example -s 1234567 or any other random number)
- The server log should say INFO TerrainControl: settings for ‘world_floating’ loaded
More screenshots – Normal version
More screenshots – Rocky version
- The spawn location is usually in the air so you will most probably fall to your death when starting for the first time.
Type /gamemode yourname 1 and double-jump to fly to a save location.
- To set an alternate spawn in a safe location using multiverse type /mv set spawn
- Using custom seeds you may have to fly for a bit before finding land.
- The screenshots were taken from seed “0” at location somewhere around X:1300 Z:1100.